A selection of our homemade preserves are available to buy directly from us or from Grape & Grind & Joe’s Bakery on Gloucester Road, & The Bristol Cheesemonger on St Nicholas Street!
All of our preserves are handmade in small batches using quality, seasonal & locally sourced produce, some homegrown or foraged. Our range includes various jams, jellies, chutneys, pickles, cordials, salt caramel, peanut butter, condiments and sauces. What we have in stock will change over the course of the year depending on what is seasonally available.
If you have surplus fruit or vegetables in your garden or allotment suitable for preserving, please get in touch. We endeavour to use as much locally-grown produce as possible and we’re trying to reduce food waste in our local area.
Our jars are reusable and recyclable, if you’d like to return our jars to BSC HQ we will reimburse you 25p each or a free 225g jar of preserve for every 10 returned!
NB. We don’t reuse the lids, please recycle those, and remove any labels preferably.
Our seasonal preserves are hand made in small batches with locally sourced ingredients.
Our range currently comprises the following:
- Blueberry & damson
- Red gooseberry
- Bishopston Pickle
- Cider chutney
- Beer chutney
- Plum chutney
- Spicy tomato chutney
- Pumpkin & quince chutney
- Greengage chutney
- Cranberry & apple chutney
- Christmas chutney
- Beetroot chutney
- Apple chutney
- Pear & perry chutney
- Red onion marmalade
- Somerset cider brandy mincemeat (beef suet or vegan/vegetarian) 450g
- Elderflower cordial 250ml
- Elderflower & ginger cordial 250ml
- Pickled onions 450g
- Cider pickled onions 450g
- Quince paste 225g
- Rhubarb ketchup 250g
- Chinese style plum sauce 250g
- Cranberry, orange & port sauce 225g
- Apple & cider butter 225g
- Homemade crackers for cheese; rye, seeded spelt & oat £2.50 a box
- Mulling spice sachets £1 each
– All subject to availability –